Bright Lights for AfricaOrganization Type: Other Nonprofit
Address: Calgary, Alberta
Volunteer Grant Writer
Bright Lights For Africa is a Canadian registered charity and non-governmental organization, whose vision is to empower marginalized and vulnerable individuals through acts of love, compassion, and generosity, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. We serve both local and international communities and focus on tackling root causes of poverty to create sustainable and lasting change in the lives of those we serve.
We have an exciting volunteer opportunity for a Grant Administrator! You will work remotely, about 4 to 6 hours per week and apply your skillset to support the grant/funding application process at Bright Lights for Africa.
- Possess good organizational skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work and coordinate multiple projects and deadlines
- Skilled technical writing, proof-reading, editing, copywriting, grant writing or equivalent written communication format
- Familiarity with government and academic funding opportunities
- Ability to communicate fluently in English, both verbally and written
- Understanding of Canadian funding mechanisms with likely expansion to international opportunities
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills
- General knowledge of accounting principles and contractual agreement / administration language
Why Volunteer with Us?
- Great opportunity to build your skillset, strengthen your network and build your portfolio
- Opportunity to apply your skills to work which makes a difference in the community
- We provide excellent references and networking opportunities to our best performers
- You work with an awesome team of like-minded individuals who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of individuals