Artpoint Gallery and Studios SocietyOrganization Type: Arts, Culture & Heritage
Address: 625 – 11th Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta T2R 0E1
Contact: Dianne Leong
Artpoint Gallery & Studios Society was incorporated under the provisions of the Societies Act in 1998. Formed by artists, it is a non-profit artist-run studio and gallery supporting and promoting visual arts and art education in the Calgary community.
The society’s web site can be found at www.artpoint.ca. The web site features the work of member artists and notices of current and upcoming shows.
The Society is supported in part by grants from the Alberta Foundation for the Arts and the Calgary Arts Development Authority.
MANDATE AND MISSION I.2
OBJECTIVES OF THE SOCIETY
As a non-profit cooperative association of artists:
- To support the development of the visual arts in Calgary
- To promote art education in the community
- To support the artistic work of members
- To provide for the exhibition of members’ works of art
- To provide for fellowship between the members
- To foster good relationships between the Society and the local community.
- To be an artist-run cooperative studio gallery.
- To help emerging artists become full-time professional artists.
- To provide an accessible, attractive, and affordable environment for local artists to
produce and exhibit their artwork in a studio gallery.
- In promoting arts and culture, to enhance the life of the community.
- To help members develop their artistic careers.
Social Media Links
Artpoint Gallery and Studios Society’s Volunteer Opportunities
Category: Boards / Committee / Leadership
Description: Artpoint Gallery and Studios Society in Calgary is looking for an experienced volunteer with accounting/bookkeeping experience to join our Board of Directors as Community Member – Volunteer …Read More